Thursday, July 14, 2005

K&D or Thievery Corporation?

Waiting in Zürich I am listening to the last album of the Thievery Corporation titled "The Cosmic Game". It's an amazing masterpiece of electronic music in the area of dub, drum & bass with some I think Indish influences. So far (also due to the fact that I am Austrian) Kruder & Dorfmeister have been the kings of electronic music for me. Their K&D Sessions album from 1998 is still the electronic music album. So far Tosca, the current project of Dorfmeister, could not continue where K&D ended. They also have great tracks and so far I have not listened to their album JAC, but I think they are not reaching the quality of K&D. (Neither does Kruder with his Peace Orchestra project). However, the Thievery Corporation is the first band which I would consider as the real successors and new kings of dub. Maybe they are a little bit softer but their Indian and Spanish beats top what I've heard before. Such music might not be that "cool" anymore but I love it.

No comments: