Monday, August 06, 2007

movie: forever never anywhere

Does this movie title ring a bell? The original title of the film is "Für immer nie am Meer". It's an Austrian movie by two of my favourite comedians, namely Stermann & Grissemann. (the trailer is on youtube)

I almost couldn't believe it, but I found this film in the program of the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF). The film was shown last Friday and the huge cinema was almost sold out. I didn't have high expectations, but I thought it could be nice to get some kind of experience from at home, listen to Austrian dialect, music and jokes. And the film didn't disappoint me. It felt almost like sitting in a comedy program by Stermann & Grissemann. I enjoyed it a lot and I think my two German-speaking colleagues who joined me might also had a good experience. But I'm not so sure if the subtitles in the film provided the same experience (I'm not even sure if it was the same for non-Austrians). Anyway, there must have been a few more Austrians in the audience, because a couple of people also laughed with me during the jokes that definitely only Austrians could get (or consider funny).

To sum up, I had a good Austrian experience here in Melbourne, and I think I can recommend the movie, at least to FM4 and/or Stermann & Grissemann fans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lustig, den habens bei uns jetzt auch beim open-air-Kino am Freiheitsplatz gespielt.. Never had the time to go there, unfortunately.