Friday, March 16, 2007

volleyball inside: 21

I've been to the volleyball training of the Renegades yesterday. After my degradation to team 2 on Monday I was allowed to join the Honours team yesterday so that the coach could watch me. It was a good training and I learned some new offenses: First a short and a long (variations of a 1) and furthermore a 21, which was totally new for me. The basic idea of a 21 is to run for a 2 (which is signalled as a 4 in Feldbach and as a 3 in Salzburg, the numbers are different everywhere), and then make a fast step aside to a 1 and hit the ball. The intention is to confuse the block on the other side, however I think trying the 21 confused me even more :) Nevertheless it's good to learn new things, though my biggest challenge at the volleyball trainings is to understand the coach and the other players - c'est la vie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there-

thx for the lovely post card. Hope you had fun at the beach. See ya.

Anonymous said...

was heißt hier degradiert...? so können die nicht mit unsrem weitest gereisten legionär umspringen!!

apropos umspringen: 21? eine drei antäuschen und dann doch eine eins spielen machen wir doch auch. - mit dem kleinen unterschied, dass das "maximal" der steller vorher weiß ;))

viel spaß beim vb und überhaupt!

bernd said...

naja, mittlerweile hab ich eine art probetraining bei den honours absolviert, weiss jetzt aber noch nicht ob ich aufgenommen werde, mal schauen

u zur 21: die antaeuschung erfolgt nicht durch einen anderen spieler sondern alles wird durch einen spieler gemacht, also ich kannte das so noch nicht

lg