Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas / New Year in Austria

Lisa's first snowman
Lisa's first snowman,
originally uploaded by bernd ploderer.
Lisa and I had a wonderful (though chilly) time in Austria over Christmas and New Year. During this trip I was reminded of several things:
1) How beautiful Austria is with all the historical places, the wonderful nature and pittoresque landscapes that the weather at various seasons paints.

2) How good Austrian food tastes, the bread, the meat, the pastry, I really missed it :)

3) How dreadful smoking is, especially in Restaurants and coffee bars. I can't see any reason why it is still allowed and accepted.

4) Finally, how valuable my family and my friends in Austria are to me. Thanks to you all, and especially to Mum & Fritz, Dad & Heidi, Anita, Doris,Arnold, Mario, Lorenz & Silvia, Wolfgang & Laura, Celina, Frankie and all the Spartakaners, Lena and Juergen, for such a wonderful time. It's great to know that it is possible to keep up the friendship despite the geographic distance.

PS: I put lots of photos on Flickr

No comments: